Most homeowners do not give much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it stops cooling, or unless it comes time to buy a new model. To guarantee you get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be very good to understand how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Prince Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to learn what you might need to know concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it’s time to connect with refrigerator repair Franklin.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many homes that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-have appliance for a lot of years. A residential refrigerator can store your food at the right temperature, to eliminate spoilage and limit harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by distributing the warmth from the interior of the appliance to the exterior, relying on principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Prince Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the cooling system.
A compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is found on the rear exterior panel of the appliance and is there to disperse the heat built-up from within the refrigerator then out to the surrounding air.
A evaporator is located in the interior of a refrigerator where absorbs the warmth contained within it, effectively reducing the temperature inside.
Once an evaporator is not working, it’s time to hire a professional. Do not wait until it’s too late.
Liquid refrigerant is carried within a capillary tube which works as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, thereby turning it back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat exists to regulate the temperature inside the refrigerator, beginning the cooling period as it is appropriate.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Franklin for repair right when an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature within the refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to engage, and then the cooling period begins. The refrigerator collects the cool liquid refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes it, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the hot gas towards the condenser coils located on the rear of the refrigerator, where it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the kitchen and returns back to a liquid form.
3. The cooled refrigerant then continues on its journey to the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the coils in the inside of the appliance and top freezer section.
4. The coolant absorbs the heated air from the interior of the appliance, lowering the temperature until it has reached the best set point.
5. The liquid then evaporates, and will turn back to a gas state, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in several applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing heat from one location and then distributing it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration helps cooling your house, provides a perfect storage space for food that is perishable, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require service? You can schedule service with Prince Appliance Repair.
Prince Appliance Repair is able to fix all standard brands and models of refrigerators – includes restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced repairman in Franklin complete training to troubleshoot and repair problems with cooling, ice makers, condensation, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart functionality and countless other malfunctions. We everything about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Prince Appliance Repair